DON’T WORRY ABOUT DISTANCE: We live in a Digital World! – International Tendering
DON’T WORRY ABOUT DISTANCE: We live in a Digital World – International Tendering
This is an age-old debate here at Hudson Procurement Group. We’re constantly telling our customers to spread their wings and commence an International Tendering strategy when it comes to bidding for I.T tenders and Contracts. .
Historically, we used to take as much business as we could from our doorstep, it was, after all, deemed easier to deliver logistically and support with brand recognition. It was a major achievement to be a leading regional vendor.
But, things have changed drastically over the years and the government throws hundreds of millions into helping us SMEs to trade internationally. The world and its major cities are so much more accessible and connected with daily direct flights from the UK to the US, Dubai, Australia, China etc., especially for service and product-based enterprises.
We encourage our clients to eliminate any geographical fear when looking for business. We advise you to look at where the work is, look at the logistics of delivery and if it deems possible then don’t put in place unnecessary barriers that will hinder your company growth. An International Tendering and Business Development strategy should be a core activity for your executive/director team until you’ve established there isn’t any profit in trading overseas.
Here at Hudson Procurement Group, we have over 1,000 clients all over the world. None of which we’ve met face to face, but it’s not important to meet them, we speak with them daily over the telephone, Skype and email and we still deliver the same value-added service regardless if they’re UK based, operate in the US or have their headquarters in India.
Our advice when looking at which tendering opportunities are right for you is:
- Don’t eliminate any opportunity until you’ve assessed it properly.
- Ensure you can make a profit, taking into consideration traveling and shipping costs if this is a required part of the work.
- Take a risk – sometimes these risks pay huge dividends. Just because you’re not based on their doorstep, doesn’t mean you’re not the right provider.
- Don’t assume you won’t be chosen just because you can’t pop to their office for a cup of tea, you’ll find that more and more people try to eliminate the number of meetings they have, not increase them.
- Seek advice and guidance from your local Department of International Trade. We’ve found them super useful during our research phase of opening our US office.
- Give us a call, we’re happy to help and to answer any questions you may have about bidding for work overseas.
CLICK HERE to see our ‘TO BID OR NOT TO BID’ blog, providing you with additional points to consider when tendering.
We’re here to help you discover, succeed, procure and invest.
Get in touch to view the latest Technology Tenders in various sub-sectors including:
IT Support Tenders
Software Tenders & many more